Global Graphics Software, Cambourne, Cambridgeshire
Hybrid Software Group PLC is a growing technology group with companies focused on creating technology to address the rapidly expanding inkjet print market.
Within the group, Global Graphics Software Limited provides technology to the print and pre-press industry, and to a growing number of global brand printer manufacturers. Success here demands a reputation for thought leadership, innovation, high-quality and high-performance software delivered on time to our customers. By achieving this, Global Graphics Software has secured a significant share of its market and counts many of the world’s leading inkjet press vendors as customers.
Harlequin®, Mako™ and SmartDFE™ are Global Graphics Software's leading technology families. They provide interpretation, manipulation, and rendering of Page Description Languages (PDLs), such as the PostScript® language and PDF, which are well established in the industry. Our products drive a multitude of printing devices and can also convert documents to standard image formats. Available on many industry-standard platforms, our technology is available in both product and SDK form for developers to extend or integrate into their own projects.
The technologies developed encompass language interpretation, image processing, memory management, graphics display list processing, screening methodologies, color modelling and transformations.
We are seeking to recruit a Support Engineer to join our Customer Support Team. Working closely with Engineering, Product Management, Technical Services and Sales, you may cover a range of software products and technologies. You will very likely get involved in other products, as your skills and growing experience allow. As such, you’ll be a self-starter who will explore and learn beyond the specific scope of your role.
The position reports to the Customer Support Manager.
- Answer questions on configuring and integrating our technologies into customer products, referring to relevant documentation where appropriate.
- Troubleshoot customer jobs and configurations.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and drive through to acceptable and timely resolution.
- Reproduce and investigate issues, identifying workarounds where possible, and raising confirmed defects against the relevant team in detail in Jira issue tracking.
- Working with development, engineer solutions for customer issues where possible.
- Actively participate in product sprint events.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged from inception, through various discussions, to resolution.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers, and clear descriptions and supporting files to development.
- Highlight gaps and errors in documentation to the Documentation Team.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at any one time.
- Grow the product knowledge bases.
Essential skills, experience and disposition
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technical areas, with a ‘can do’ attitude and natural curiosity.
- Practiced in the art of clear and concise communication, both written and oral, anticipating and pre-emptively answering potential follow-up questions.
- A sound understanding of the pre-press process, colour, digital imaging and the printing process
- Good technical experience with RIPs and graphics arts software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and other productivity and graphics applications.
- A good knowledge of Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems including command line usage.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting skills and an attention to detail.
- Proven engineering disposition for diagnosing problems and generating solutions.
- Patience and diplomacy, working equally as diligently both as the Company representative externally, and Customer representative internally.
- Knowledge of the structure of Graphical Formats TIFF/BMP including colorspaces and bit depths.
- Knowledge of the structure of Page Description Languages, especially PDF.
- Understanding of fonts, vector graphics, image types, digital screening and colorspaces.
- Experience with digital printing on multiple substrates (ceramics, textiles etc).
- Programming or scripting skills (eg Perl, Python, C, C++, C#, Postscript, JSON)
- Development platforms, compilers, and debugging tools.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills.
- Generous 9% non-contributory pension scheme.
- Income protection and life assurance.
- Comprehensive private medical cover for you and your family.
- Flexible working hours and holiday plan.
- Profit share scheme.
- Perkbox and peer recognition scheme.
- Free breakfast and fruit (Cambourne office).
- Innovation “Shed” for growing and learning new technology (Cambourne Office).
Please send your CV to email@example.com