Systems Administrator 1st / 2nd line
Global Graphics Software is seeking a 1st / 2nd line System Administrator to join a small internal IT department that provides IT support and procurement to its operating companies worldwide.
The department manages a fleet of Windows 10 laptops / desktops alongside a multi-site mixture of Windows (2016/2019 Servers) and varied collection of Linux (Ubuntu/Redhat) systems. The department also maintains and interacts with bespoke solutions for internal business processes across the group, working with products such as vSphere, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Veeam, Office365, Sophos and many more.
The ideal candidate will be a highly technical, well-organized, motivated individual who has the experience of helpdesk support both at the desktop and server level.
Cambourne, Cambridge UK, but working from home until COVID restrictions are lifted.
- Support colleagues in-person, by phone, and online
- Maintain up to date incidents and activity on the IT ticketing system.
- Purchase and commission IT equipment and software.
- Assist the department and senior team in maintaining core IT infrastructure and systems.
- Respond to alerts from network and system monitoring tools to minimize downtime.
- Contribute to small scale IT projects.
- Creating and maintaining internal documentation, procedures, processes, and standards.
- Maintaining the fixed asset inventory of all computer-related equipment
- Occasional, short distance travel to other Global Graphics’ sites as required to support infrastructure and users.
Essential, demonstrable experience
- Advanced knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft desktop systems.
- Windows Server deployment and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of managing systems under Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Server Infrastructure services, DNS, DHCP, GPO.
- Functional knowledge of Office 365 and the services it provides.
- Awareness of virtualisation (VMware) and cloud technologies (Azure).
- Highly organised, able to prioritise workload effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity of one Linux Distribution.
- Administration of Mac OSX desktop.
- Able to read / write one scripting language.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills.
- Generous 9% non-contributory pension scheme.
- Income protection and Life assurance.
- Comprehensive private medical cover for you and your family.
- Flexible working hours and holiday plan.
- Profit share scheme.
- Perkbox and peer recognition scheme.
- Free parking.
- Free breakfast and fruit.
- Innovation “Shed” for growing and learning new technology.
3 June 2021
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org