Test Automation Engineer
Global Graphics PLC is a growing, publicly traded, technology group with companies focused on creating technology to address the rapidly expanding inkjet print market. In 2020, Global Graphics was recognised by the Queens Award for Enterprise: Innovation, for its continued innovative work in the print industry. It has also received back to back industry innovations awards for the last 4 years.
Within the group, Global Graphics Software provides technology to the print and pre-press industry and to a growing number of global brand printer manufacturers. Success here demands a reputation for thought-leadership, innovation, high quality and high-performance software delivered on time to our customers. By achieving this, Global Graphics Software has secured a significant share of its marketplace and counts many of the world’s leading inkjet press vendors as customers.
Harlequin®, Mako®, ScreenPro® and Direct are Global Graphics Software’s leading technology families, which are developed by the Engineering team. They provide interpretation and rendering of Page Description Languages (PDLs), such as the PostScript language and PDF, which are well established in the industry.
Our products drive a multitude of printing devices and can also convert documents to standard image formats. Available on many industry standard platforms, our technology is made available in both product and toolkit form for developers to extend or integrate into their own projects.
The technologies used within the engineering group encompass language interpretation, image processing, memory management, graphics display list processing, screening methodologies, colour modelling and transformations.
Who are we looking for?
A test automation engineer with experience in non GUI high-performance systems, to join our company.
Cambourne, Cambridge UK
- Part of an agile development team for our high-performance Direct product line
- Become a driving force in the team's automation strategy
- Drive the adoption of tooling for profiling, debugging and performance analysis
- Developing and maintaining automation systems to facilitate the development process
- Growing the test function of the team
- Previous experience working on test automation systems
- Data analysis and presentation
- Excellent Spoken and Written Communication
- A focus on performance in distributed computing
- Experience with Perl and OS-specific languages such as PowerShell and/or Bash
- Working knowledge of C/C++ (preferably C++11 onwards)
- Experience managing CI/CD environments. (Preferably TeamCity)
- Cross platform testing (Linux & Windows)
- Coaching/Mentoring experience
- Agile (Scrum)
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Generous 9% non-contributory pension scheme
- Income protection and Life assurance
- Comprehensive private medical cover for you and your family
- Flexible working hours and holiday plan
- Profit share scheme
- Perkbox and peer recognition scheme
- Free parking
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Innovation “Shed” for growing and learning new technology
Direct Team Lead
20 January 2021
Please send your CV to email@example.com