Developer in Support (C/C++)
We are seeking to recruit a software developer to join our customer support team. You will work closely with our engineering, product management, technical services and sales teams to support a range of products and technologies, mostly in the form of SDKs. Initially, the successful candidate will be assigned specific product responsibilities, but you will be given scope to become involved in other products, as your skills and growing experience grow. As such, we are looking for self-starters with a passion for exploring, learning and challenging themselves beyond the specific scope of their role.
This role as a great place to learn about our products, customers and markets. Part of the responsibilities will be prototyping and developing code samples to help guide users or to demonstrate principles and it provides an excellent grounding to move into other key roles in the company.
Cambourne, Cambridge UK
Essential skills, experience and disposition
- 1-3 years’ experience in a commercial organisation.
- Inquiring mind with an innovative and creative mindset.
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues.
- Passion for learning quickly and adapting to new technical areas, with a ‘can-do; ‘want-to’; ‘will-do’ attitude.
- Self-starter with strong self-initiative & drive, whilst being an excellent team player with the ability to work and contribute independently.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent formal training.
- Practiced in the art of clear and concise communications both written and oral; anticipating and pre-emptively answering potential follow-up questions.
- Patience and diplomacy, working equally as diligently both as the Company representative externally, and Customer representative internally.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD).
- Experience with Jira, Mercurial, Team City.
- Knowledge of the structure of Graphical Formats TIFF/BMP.
- Knowledge of the structure of Page Description Languages, especially PDF.
- Digital screening knowledge.
- Digital Print knowledge.
- Experience using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and other productivity and graphics applications.
- Reproduce and investigate issues, identifying workarounds, solutions or corrections where possible, and raising confirmed defects against the relevant team in detail in the bug tracking tool.
- Prototype and develop code samples to help guide users or to demonstrate principles.
- Answer questions on implementing and integrating our technologies into customer products, referring to relevant documentation or providing code snippets where appropriate.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and drive through to acceptable and timely resolution.
- Follow standard procedures for escalating customer-priority issues.
- Actively participate in product defect reviews.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged from inception, through various discussions, to resolution.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Highlight gaps and errors in documentation to the Documentation Team.
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at any one time.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Generous 9% non-contributory pension scheme
- Income protection and Life assurance
- Comprehensive private medical cover for you and your family
- Flexible working hours and holiday plan
- Profit share scheme
- Free parking
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Support to achieve Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), if you don’t already have it
- We dedicate Friday afternoons to personal development and innovation
- Perkbox reward scheme.
- Volunteering, one (1) paid working day each year
In 2018 Global Graphics Software’s parent company Global Graphics PLC was recognised by the London Stock Exchange as being one in the top 1,000 companies to inspire Britain, and by the Financial Times for the FT Future 100 UK.
Global Graphics Software is one of the world’s foremost experts in printing, PDF and digital document software with the expertise to break down graphical designs into pixels or vector before they are printed or displayed.
Through our various technologies for rendering, screening, and colour management, we add value to solutions marketed by the world’s leading brands, including HP, Canon, Durst, Roland, Kodak and Agfa.
We are an innovator in the exciting growth market of industrial inkjet for markets that include labels, packaging, interior décor, ceramics and textiles.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org