Developer in Test (C++)
We are looking to recruit a software developer to join the test department within our engineering team. Above all, we are seeking an engineer capable of contributing to the development of automated tests, tools and harnesses to verify the reliability and performance of our SDKs and products. Alongside the requisite skills and experience we are looking for someone who is inquiring and who has an innovative and creative mindset to play their part in delivering great products to our customers.
Cambourne, Cambridge UK
Essential skills, experience and disposition
- 2+ years’ experience validating and verifying software, preferably on various platforms (Windows, Linux)
- Passion for learning quickly and adapting to new technical areas, with a ‘can-do; ‘want-to’; ‘will-do’ attitude.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent formal training.
- Experience performing exploratory testing or other manual black-box testing techniques.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, schedule-driven, collaborative environment developing and fostering partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- 'Self-starter' with strong self-initiative & drive, whilst being an excellent team player with the ability to work independently as a QA representative within a larger development team.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technical areas, with a ‘can do; will-do’ attitude.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD).
- Experience with Jira, Mercurial, Team City.
- Understanding of Agile concepts and development such as Scrum, Kanban, TDD, ATDD and BDD
- Knowledge of the structure of Graphical Formats TIFF/BMP.
- Knowledge of the structure of Page Description Languages, especially PDF.
- Digital screening knowledge.
- Digital Print knowledge.
- Experience using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and other productivity and graphics applications for the creation of test files.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of automated tests, tools and harnesses.
- Assume the roles of a set of OEMs (of differing levels of expertise and end-system complexity) in developing prototypes that test and stress the SDKs and products to inform the design, development and evolution of the test harnesses.
- Feedback improvement suggestions on the SDKs’ Documentation.
- Ensure the quality of new features and the early detection of regressions in existing features.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and confirm software defects.
- Conduct Test Escape Analyses as and when required.
- Actively participate in planning sessions, providing task definitions, work breakdowns and effort estimations.
- Translate user-based stories and acceptance criteria into test automation-ready test cases, working with Product Owners to improve acceptance criteria.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Generous 9% non-contributory pension scheme
- Income protection and Life assurance
- Comprehensive private medical cover for you and your family
- Flexible working hours and holiday plan
- Profit share scheme
- Free parking
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Support to achieve Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), if you don’t already have it
- We dedicate Friday afternoons to personal development and innovation
- Perkbox reward scheme.
- Volunteering, one (1) paid working day each year
In 2018 Global Graphics Software’s parent company Global Graphics PLC was recognised by the London Stock Exchange as being one in the top 1,000 companies to inspire Britain, and by the Financial Times for the FT Future 100 UK.
Global Graphics Software is one of the world’s foremost experts in printing, PDF and digital document software with the expertise to break down graphical designs into pixels or vector before they are printed or displayed.
Through our various technologies for rendering, screening, and colour management, we add value to solutions marketed by the world’s leading brands, including HP, Canon, Durst, Roland, Kodak and Agfa.
We are an innovator in the exciting growth market of industrial inkjet for markets that include labels, packaging, interior décor, ceramics and textiles.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org