Senior Developer in Test
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Developer in Test to join our engineering team. Above all, we are seeking an engineer capable of designing and developing automated tests, tools and harnesses to verify the reliability and performance of our SDKs and products demanded by the industry. Alongside the requisite skills and experience we are looking for someone who is inquiring and has an innovative and creative mindset that they freely unleash to feed their appetite to play their part in delivering great products to our Customers.
Cambourne, Cambridge UK
Essential skills, experience and disposition
- 5+ years’ experience validating and verifying software, preferably with focus on testing of SDKs, APIs, and derived applications, on various platforms (Windows, Linux)
- Strong skills in one or more programming and scripting languages. C++ preferable.
- Experience implementing test automation frameworks for industrial, distributed systems.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technical areas, with a ‘can-do; ‘want-to’; ‘will-do’ attitude.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent formal training.
- Excellent understanding and experience of White-Box and Black-Box testing techniques.
- Experience of Agile concepts and development e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, ATDD and BDD
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, schedule-driven, collaborative environment developing and fostering partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- 'Self-starter' with strong self-initiative & drive, whilst being an excellent team player with the ability to work independently as the QA representative within a larger development team.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD).
- Experience with Jira, Mercurial, Team City.
- Experience using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and other productivity and graphics applications for the creation of test files.
- Knowledge of the structure of Graphical Formats TIFF/BMP.
- Digital screening knowledge.
- Digital Print knowledge.
- Design, develop, and continuously improve, fit-for-purpose automated tests, tools and harnesses.
- Assume the roles of a set of OEMs (of differing levels of expertise and end-system complexity) in developing prototypes that test and stress the SDKs and products to inform the design, development and evolution of the test harnesses.
- Actively engage with Customer Support to understand the problems our OEMs face in the real world, to inform test development priorities and direction.
- Feedback improvement suggestions on the SDKs’ Documentation.
- Validate the configurations, functionality, and system characteristics of SDKs, and applications derived from them.
- Analyse and report on test progress, status and performance metrics, in formats suitable to varying audiences.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and confirm software defects; collaborating with Development to ensure root causes are uncovered.
- Conduct Test Escape Analyses as and when required.
- Actively participate in planning sessions, providing task definitions, work breakdowns and effort estimations.
- Translate user-based stories and acceptance criteria into test automation-ready test cases, working with Product Owners to improve acceptance criteria.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Generous 9% non-contributory pension scheme
- Income protection and Life assurance
- Comprehensive private medical cover for you and your family
- Flexible working hours and holiday plan
- Profit share scheme
- Free parking
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Support to achieve Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), if you don’t already have it
- We dedicate Friday afternoons to personal development and innovation
- Perkbox reward scheme.
- Volunteering, one (1) paid working day each year
In 2018 Global Graphics Software’s parent company Global Graphics PLC was recognised by the London Stock Exchange as being one in the top 1,000 companies to inspire Britain, and by the Financial Times for the FT Future 100 UK.
Global Graphics Software is one of the world’s foremost experts in printing, PDF and digital document software with the expertise to break down graphical designs into pixels or vector before they are printed or displayed.
Through our various technologies for rendering, screening, and colour management, we add value to solutions marketed by the world’s leading brands, including HP, Canon, Durst, Roland, Kodak and Agfa.
We are an innovator in the exciting growth market of industrial inkjet for markets that include labels, packaging, interior décor, ceramics and textiles.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org