Cambridge (UK) Wednesday 10 October 2018 (18.00 CEST)
- GLOBAL GRAPHICS PLC (Euronext: GLOG) provides a trading update for the third quarter and first nine months of the financial year ending 31 December 2018.
Gary Fry, Global Graphics CEO comments, “With another solid performance achieved, the business is tracking nicely to the plan that we set out to deliver at the start of the financial year. We were delighted to announce that Ellerhold AG, Germany’s major player in the bill board market, is using our ScreenPro™ screening engine with the new PrintFlat™ technology. Label Expo Americas in Chicago was also another big milestone for us; Mark Andy, who we engaged with at the 2017 exhibition in Brussels, is now shipping with solutions from both Meteor Inkjet and Global Graphics Software. URW had a slower than usual quarter, but we expect that to pick up during Q4.”
Financial highlights for the quarter and nine months ended 30 September 2018
The following information is unaudited.
For the quarter ended 30 September 2018
- Revenue for the quarter was €5.47 million (2017: €4.50 million)
- Gross profit for the quarter was €4.40 million, or 80% of sales (2017: €3.38 million, 75% of sales)
- Net profit for the quarter was €0.57 million (2017: net loss of €0.02 million)
- EBITDA for the quarter was €1.27 million (2017: €0.61 million)
- Cash at 30 September 2018 was valued at €5.78 million (30 September 2017: €4.00 million)
At constant exchange rates (those used for the comparative period in 2017), the difference in revenue, net profit and EBITDA is insignificant. Cash would have been valued at approximately €0.03 million higher at €5.81 million.
For the nine months ended 30 September 2018
- Revenue for the period was €16.83 million (2017: €14.67 million)
- Gross profit for the period was €13.32 million, or 79% of sales (2017: €11.19 million, 76% of sales)
- Net profit for the period was €2.10 million (2017: €0.16 million)
- EBITDA for the period was €4.19 million (2017: €2.36 million)
At constant exchange rates (those used for the comparative period in 2017), revenue would have been approximately €0.34 million higher and totalled €17.17 million. Net profit and EBITDA would have been approximately €0.24 million higher and totalled €2.34 million and €4.43 million respectively.
Segment sales analysis
The following table provides information about revenue for the Group's operating segments for the quarter and nine months ended 30 September 2018 and 2017.
| ||Quarter ended 30 September ||Nine months ended 30 September |
|€ millions ||2018 ||2017 ||2018 ||2017 |
|Software ||2.62 ||1.90 ||7.65 ||7.03 |
|Printhead Solutions ||2.21 ||1.78 ||6.99 ||5.57 |
|Fonts ||0.64 ||0.82 ||2.19 ||2.07 |
|Total revenue ||5.47 ||4.50 ||16.83 ||14.67|
EBITDA is calculated by adding back interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation to net profit.
The Group continues to be free of any interest-bearing bank debt, therefore, has no interest payments or capital repayments to make.
Deferred consideration payments for the acquisition of Meteor Inkjet Limited are contingent on revenue and will be paid annually in arrears. No payments are due during this financial year, with the next payment expected to be made in Q1 2019.
About Global Graphics PLC
Through its operating subsidiaries, Global Graphics PLC
(Euronext: GLOG) is a leading developer of platforms for digital inkjet printing and type design and development. Customers for digital inkjet technology include press manufacturers such as HP, Canon, Durst, Roland, Hymmen and Mark Andy. Those for font design include numerous international brands, from manufacturers such as Mercedes Benz and Siemens, to digital media and epublishing companies.
Global Graphics PLC is headquartered in Cambridge UK. Its subsidiary companies are printing software developers Global Graphics Software; the type foundry, URW Type Foundry, and the industrial printhead driver solutions specialists, Meteor Inkjet.
Chief Financial Officer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 926472
Corporate Communications Director
Tel: +44 (0)1223 926489