Buying a Direct™ product means you’re instantly ‘Meteor Ready’ and can choose to use Meteor printhead driver electronics without changing your software.
Meteor supports all major industrial inkjet printheads and offers rapid support for new printheads, so you have ultimate flexibility in your printhead choice: for example, you can begin your press development having chosen one printhead model and then switch to another with minimal impact to your development schedule. Or you can mix printheads from multiple vendors and models in a single press. With Direct you can even mix your own OEM printhead driving electronics with Meteor electronics to achieve the exact set of press characteristics you require. With this flexibility comes a comprehensive set of tools and services to deliver an exceptional product to market.
Features and benefits
- Mix print heads from different manufacturers and models
- Add Meteor electronics without changing your software
- Change heads late in your press development
- Add Meteor alongside your own printhead drive electronics
- Support for printhead drive electronics for systems of any size or complexity
- Support for single pass and scanning heads
- Solutions for all major industrial inkjet printheads
- Drive multiple heads and print bars, break the raster into swaths and provide head stitching with the powerful data path
- Handle encoder and product detect signals
- Simulate printhead output during developing and debugging with the SimPrint Tool
- Configure text files for system configuration including printhead layout
- Edit printhead waveforms using the MetWave Tool
Meteor MetCal is wizard-driven software that runs Meteor’s exclusive nozzle-out compensation technologies, NozzleFix™ and NozzleMask™:
- NozzleFix nozzle-out compensation for single-pass or scanning systems eliminates single pixel streaks from clogged or failed nozzles by using good nozzles to counteract poorly performing adjacent nozzles. Deviated or missing nozzles are identified to the Meteor datapath and switched off while nearby nozzles apply compensating fluid in the same or different color planes resulting in seamless correction.
- NozzleMask significantly improves scanning system efficiency by concealing undesirable effects of missing nozzles thus requiring fewer passes to achieve high print quality.
Meteor Mixed Mode technology
Both ScreenPro Direct™ and Harlequin Direct™ normally use the FIFO mode in Meteor electronics so the printer can process fully personalized content at full speed with suitable PC hardware. However, in the case where the printer is only ever going to print partial variable data in one channel, ScreenPro Direct can use Meteor Mixed Mode. Mixed Mode sends static data to the preload buffers for each of the static print bars at the beginning of the run (e.g. Cyan, Yellow and Magenta). It then sends just the variable data regions to the channel driving the variable data print bar (e.g. black). In many cases, this will reduce the PC part of the bill of materials for the printer whilst still driving at full speed.
Meteor Supported Printheads
- StarFire SG1024
Meteor Waveform Development Service
From training, to waveform development to extended reliability testing, Meteor’s committed team of technical specialists offer a tiered collection of tools and services for ink characterization, print reliability analysis and waveform evaluation/optimization.
Available for all major industrial inkjet printheads.
Meteor DropWatching Systems
Meteor DropWatchers evaluate and optimize printhead and ink combinations using production-ready electronics that can be transferred straight to manufacturing, allowing visualization and characterization of drops in flight while adjusting waveform parameters using live feedback.
Meteor DropWatching Systems are:
- Essential tools for waveform characterization and development
- Available for all major industrial inkjet printheads
Working with you
Here at Global Graphics Software we understand how difficult it can be to get started on your digital print journey, and so our Technical Services team is ready to offer free expert advice and help.
Dedicated experts in RIP and screening technology, principal software engineers and color scientists, all with decades of real-world experience, are ready to guide you through the process of selecting the right software components and then successfully implementing them into your press.
We pride ourselves on offering a personal, friendly service and work with you to ensure the fastest time to market.