The roots of the company go back to 1986 and to Cambridge, and today the majority of the R&D team is still based near this iconic university city. There are also offices near Sarasota, Florida and in Tokyo.
Our global team comprises an exceptionally talented group of software architects and engineers. They are highly-valued by our partners because they have the vision to produce innovative solutions and the specialist skills to solve complex problems.
Why Global Graphics?
Our customers choose us because:
- Our software is technically superior and performs faster than our competitors
- The engagement model offered by our Technical Services team accelerates your time to market
- We are innovators in high-speed digital printing
- We are experts in overcoming the output quality challenges of high-speed inkjet printing
- We have a flexible and open commercial model
- We are easy to work with because we have a partnership approach to development
- We offer superb technical support
Global Graphics blog
Software platforms for printing and digital documents
10 Jan 2019
Product manager David Stevenson provides an update on the latest release of Mako: We’ve just released Mako version 4.6 and I’m pleased to let you know that new in this release is support for PCL5 input, adding to the PCL/XL support already ava…
9 Jan 2019
In days gone by, almost every job was more or less 600 dpi in both directions. Now there is a drive to higher definition, with higher resolutions and smaller drop sizes. So we’ve introduced a new feature in ScreenPro™ that allows the resolution of a job t…
Our printing technology includes:
- award-winning Harlequin RIP software, that drives the industry’s fastest performing digital presses,
- ScreenPro™: a software engine used to improve inkjet image quality and compatible with any printing industry workflow.
- Fundamentals: a toolkit for building a Digital Front End (DFE). A DFE created using Fundamentals may contain the Harlequin RIP or ScreenPro.
- Mako™: a multi-platform software development kit for building custom workflows, particularly where many file formats need to be combined. Can be used upstream of the Harlequin RIP.
If you need help to get your press to market or have a technical issue that’s stopping you from reaching your market, our dedicated experts can help you to break through any barriers. Our only aim is to get you to market sooner.
How we add value
We provide world-class solutions to technical problems, help you respond to market requirements and expand your product offerings.
We can accelerate your time to market, add a competitive edge to your product and help to extend your market presence. We can also work with you as a development partner on future innovations.
For system integrators
We work with you to ensure successful integration of our printing and digital document software and provide specialist knowledge and consultancy to facilitate your project.
Global Graphics’ research and development team comprises international experts on Page Description Languages, document formats and color science. Our existing patent portfolio covers many areas of printing and document technology while numerous patent applications will protect our future inventions.
Industry standards and compatibility
Global Graphics has always taken an active role in industry standards setting bodies and associations. Today our Chief Technology Officer is the UK primary expert on the International Standards Organization (ISO) for PDF, for PDF/A (the standard for archiving electronic documents) and for PDF/VT (the standard for use of PDF in variable data print workflows).
A customer talking about Global Graphics support
“I’m seeing great results on this end as well. I sincerely appreciate the fast turn for a fix from the developers, and all the help you’ve offered too.”